Grace Jean-Yee Chan, Ph.D., M.D.
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Boston Children's Hospital
Harvard School of Public Health
Bldg 1, room 1108
665 Huntington Ave
Boston MA 02115
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Global Health + Population
Available: 08/09/17, Expires: 08/09/18
Are you a medical student interested in maternal and newborn health? Are you looking for global health research experience? Preterm birth and neonatal infections are leading causes of the world’s 3.1 million neonatal deaths each year. Our research projects in Ethiopia span clinical interventions, laboratory analyses, and community-based work in order to address pressing public health topics. We partner closely with university, hospital, and government partners to conduct research that will be applied to large-scale change in clinical practice.
The student researcher would:
• Assist with literature reviews on maternal and child health research topics
• Support data input and analysis
• Assist in manuscript development, writing, and editing
• Collaborate with research team members on existing projects
• Support additional research tasks as needed and as determined by the student’s interests
The ideal candidate is:
• Interested in learning about global newborn and maternal health research
• An excellent communicator, both orally and in writing
• A team player
If interested, please send your resume and contact information for two references to Abigail Russo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local representatives can answer questions about the Profiles website or help with editing a profile or issues with profile data. For assistance with this profile: HMS/HSDM faculty should contact feedbackcatalyst.harvard.edu. For faculty or fellow appointment updates and changes, please ask your appointing department to contact HMS. For fellow personal and demographic information, contact HMS Human Resources at human_resourceshms.harvard.edu. For faculty personal and demographic information, contact HMS Office for Faculty Affairs at facappthms.harvard.edu. SPH faculty should contact Faculty Affairs at facultyaffairshsph.harvard.edu).