Grace Jean-Yee Chan, Ph.D., M.D.
|Title||Assistant Professor of Pediatrics|
|Institution||Boston Children's Hospital|
|Address||Harvard School of Public Health|
Bldg 1, room 1108
665 Huntington Ave
Boston MA 02115
(login for email)
|Institution||Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health|
|Department||Global Health + Population|
Available: 04/10/17, Expires: 10/02/17
Are you a medical student interested in maternal and newborn health? Are you looking for global health research experience? Preterm birth and neonatal infections are leading causes of the world’s 3.1 million neonatal deaths each year. Our research projects in Ethiopia span clinical interventions, laboratory analyses, and community-based work in order to address pressing public health topics. We partner closely with university, hospital, and government partners to conduct research that will be applied to large-scale change in clinical practice.
The student researcher would:
• Assist with systematic reviews and meta-analyses on maternal and child health research topics
• Support data input and analysis
• Screen abstracts and articles for inclusion/exclusion in reviews
• Assist in manuscript development, writing, and editing
• Collaborate with research team members to generate new project ideas and research strategies
• Support additional research tasks as needed and as determined by the student’s interests
The ideal candidate is:
• Interested in learning about global newborn and maternal health research
• An excellent communicator, both orally and in writing
• A team player
If interested, please send your resume and contact information for two references to Abigail Russo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local representatives can answer questions about the Profiles website or help with editing a profile or issues with profile data. For assistance with this profile: HMS/HSDM faculty should contact feedbackcatalyst.harvard.edu. For faculty or fellow appointment updates and changes, please ask your appointing department to contact HMS. For fellow personal and demographic information, contact HMS Human Resources at human_resourceshms.harvard.edu. For faculty personal and demographic information, contact HMS Office for Faculty Affairs at facappthms.harvard.edu. SPH faculty should contact Faculty Affairs at facultyaffairshsph.harvard.edu).
Click the "See All" links for more information and interactive visualizations!
People who are also in this person's primary department.