As a postdoctoral fellow in the Sleep and Inflammatory Systems Laboratory (mentors: Dr. Monika Haack & Dr. Janet Mullington), my research and clinical work aim to better understand stress physiology--in daily life as well as nightly sleep--and how to enhance wellness both individually and more broadly as a connected society.
Domains of interest:
1) Sleep function and intervention.
a. Quantitative EEG analysis of sleep and wake.
b. Sleep regulation and behavioral correlates.
c. Behavioral sleep medicine (BSM) interventions.
2) Stress, autonomic regulation, immune function, and associated physiology.
a. Experimental stress paradigms.
b. Hyperarousal associated with insomnia and related psychopathology.
c. Sleep physiology associated with meditation training.
3) Mindfulness, yoga, Tai Chi, and related mind-body interventions.
a. Clinical trials
b. Intervention-specific mechanisms (e.g. mindfulness versus slow-paced breathing)
c. Moderators of long-term health outcomes (e.g. does mindfulness change the relationship between 'arousal' and disease?)
* Sleep Research Society (SRS)
* American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
* Society of Behavioral Sleep Medicine (SBSM)
* Society for a Science of Clinical Psychology (SSCP)
* Association for Contextual Behavioral Science (ACBS)