Assistant Professor of Medicine, Part-time
Cambridge Health Alliance
10 Estes St
Ipswich MA 01938
Available: 05/20/14, Expires: 06/30/22
Dynamed is an electronic reference tool created by physicians for physicians for point-of-care use. It has clinically
organized summaries for over 3,200 topics and is used internationally. There is no advertising. Dynamed is updated daily in response to the monitoring of over 500 medical articles and systematic evidence review databases. Articles are selected for clinical relevance and validity and then integrated with existing evidence. Overall conclusions are changed as appropriate, representing a synthesis of the best available evidence.
With sufficient training, students may participate in a variety of projects, including:
- integration of new updated guidelines from specialty societies into the database, and formulation of concise, precise summaries of the differences between them.
- substantial overhaul of existing topics
- reation of new ones ("de novo" or as spin-offs from existing topics) because of changing medical information regarding diagnostic or treatment approaches
- assessment of the utility of this reference tool (and others like it) in changing and improving practice behavior and/or clinical outcome (a project of this nature may require more substantial outside resources -academic and financial - than currently available at Dynamed).
Students will work with experienced clinician editors and other members of the editorial staff to identify and complete one or more assigned projects in a collaborative fashion. Completion of these projects should result in material worthy of publication in Dynamed, and serve as a basis for scholarly presentation in a variety of suitable
- strong analytic and language skills
- ability to work independently and collaboratively
- commitment to completion of projects according to deadlines
willingness and ability to spend significant time on-site at
- Dynamed offices in Ipswich, MA
- ability to learn relevant skills in critical appraisal and editorial software
Local representatives can answer questions about the Profiles website or help with editing a profile or issues with profile data. For assistance with this profile: HMS/HSDM faculty should contact feedbackcatalyst.harvard.edu. For faculty or fellow appointment updates and changes, please ask your appointing department to contact HMS. For fellow personal and demographic information, contact HMS Human Resources at human_resourceshms.harvard.edu. For faculty personal and demographic information, contact HMS Office for Faculty Affairs at facappthms.harvard.edu.