My research focuses on the analysis of Electronic Health Records data, resolving statistical issues in the analysis of metabolomics as well as other biomarker discovery studies, and methodological research in risk prediction. My clinical research focuses on the mechanistic pathways of cardiovascular disease development and progression.
The following publications highlight some of my research activities:
1. Kessler RC, Bauer M, Bishop T, Demler O, Dobscha S, Gildea S, Goulet J, Karras E, Kreyenbuhl J, Landes S, Liu H. Using administrative data to predict suicide after psychiatric hospitalization. Frontiers in Psychiatry. 2020;11:390.
2. Sels D, Dashti H, Mora S, Demler O, Demler E. Quantum approximate Bayesian computation for NMR model inference. arXiv preprint arXiv:1910.14221. 2019 Oct 31.
3. Antonelli J, Claggett BL, Henglin M, Kim A, Ovsak G, Kim N, Deng K, Rao K, Tyagi O, Watrous JD, Lagerborg KA, Hushcha PV, Demler OV, Mora S, Niiranen TJ, Pereira AC, Jain M, Cheng S. Statistical Workflow for Feature Selection in Human Metabolomics Data. Metabolites. 2019 Jul 12; 9(7). PMID: 31336989.
4. Demler OV, Pencina MJ, Cook NR, D'Agostino RB. Asymptotic distribution of AUC, NRIs, and IDI based on theory of U-statistics. Stat Med. 2017 Sep 20; 36(21):3334-3360. PMID: 28627112.
5. Demler OV, Paynter NP, Cook NR. Tests of calibration and goodness-of-fit in the survival setting. Stat Med. 2015 May 10; 34(10):1659-80. PMID: 25684707.
6. Demler OV, Pencina MJ, D'Agostino RB. Impact of correlation on predictive ability of biomarkers. Stat Med. 2013 Oct 30; 32(24):4196-210. PMID: 23640729.