"Sphingolipidoses" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A group of inherited metabolic disorders characterized by the intralysosomal accumulation of SPHINGOLIPIDS primarily in the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM and to a variable degree in the visceral organs. They are classified by the enzyme defect in the degradation pathway and the substrate accumulation (or storage). Clinical features vary in subtypes but neurodegeneration is a common sign.
- Sphingolipid Storage Diseases
- Sphingolipid Storage Disease
- Storage Disease, Sphingolipid
- Storage Diseases, Sphingolipid
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Sphingolipidoses".
- Diseases [C]
- Nervous System Diseases [C10]
- Central Nervous System Diseases [C10.228]
- Brain Diseases [C10.228.140]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic [C10.228.140.163]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn [C10.228.140.163.100]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases, Nervous System [C10.228.140.163.100.435]
- Sphingolipidoses [C10.228.140.163.100.435.825]
- Congenital, Hereditary, and Neonatal Diseases and Abnormalities [C16]
- Genetic Diseases, Inborn [C16.320]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn [C16.320.565.189]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases, Nervous System [C16.320.565.189.435]
- Sphingolipidoses [C16.320.565.189.435.825]
- Lipid Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565.398]
- Lipidoses [C16.320.565.398.641]
- Sphingolipidoses [C16.320.565.398.641.803]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases [C16.320.565.595]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases, Nervous System [C16.320.565.595.554]
- Sphingolipidoses [C16.320.565.595.554.825]
- Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases [C18]
- Metabolic Diseases [C18.452]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic [C18.452.132]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn [C18.452.132.100]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases, Nervous System [C18.418.104.22.1685]
- Sphingolipidoses [C18.422.214.171.1245.825]
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders [C18.452.584]
- Lipidoses [C18.452.584.687]
- Sphingolipidoses [C18.452.584.687.803]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn [C18.452.648.189]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases, Nervous System [C18.452.648.189.435]
- Sphingolipidoses [C18.452.648.189.435.825]
- Lipid Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648.398]
- Lipidoses [C18.452.648.398.641]
- Sphingolipidoses [C18.452.648.398.641.803]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases [C18.452.648.595]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases, Nervous System [C18.452.648.595.554]
- Sphingolipidoses [C18.452.648.595.554.825]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Sphingolipidoses".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Sphingolipidoses" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Sphingolipidoses" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
People who have written about this concept.
Top journals in which articles about this concept have been published.