"Sphincterotomy, Endoscopic" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Incision of Oddi's sphincter or Vater's ampulla performed by inserting a sphincterotome through an endoscope (DUODENOSCOPE) often following retrograde cholangiography (CHOLANGIOPANCREATOGRAPHY, ENDOSCOPIC RETROGRADE). Endoscopic treatment by sphincterotomy is the preferred method of treatment for patients with retained or recurrent bile duct stones post-cholecystectomy, and for poor-surgical-risk patients that have the gallbladder still present.
- Sphincterotomy, Endoscopic
- Endoscopic Sphincterotomy
- Endoscopic Sphincterotomies
- Sphincterotomies, Endoscopic
- Papillotomy, Endoscopic
- Endoscopic Papillotomies
- Papillotomies, Endoscopic
- Endoscopic Papillotomy
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Sphincterotomy, Endoscopic".
- Analytical, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques and Equipment [E]
- Surgical Procedures, Operative [E04]
- Digestive System Surgical Procedures [E04.210]
- Biliary Tract Surgical Procedures [E04.210.120]
- Sphincterotomy, Endoscopic [E04.210.120.850]
- Endoscopy, Digestive System [E04.210.240]
- Endoscopy, Gastrointestinal [E04.210.240.250]
- Sphincterotomy, Endoscopic [E04.210.240.250.840]
- Surgical Procedures, Minimally Invasive [E04.800]
- Endoscopy [E04.800.250]
- Endoscopy, Digestive System [E04.800.250.250]
- Endoscopy, Gastrointestinal [E04.800.250.250.250]
- Sphincterotomy, Endoscopic [E04.800.250.250.250.840]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Sphincterotomy, Endoscopic".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Sphincterotomy, Endoscopic" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Sphincterotomy, Endoscopic" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.