"Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A class of ionotropic glutamate receptors characterized by affinity for N-methyl-D-aspartate. NMDA receptors have an allosteric binding site for glycine which must be occupied for the channel to open efficiently and a site within the channel itself to which magnesium ions bind in a voltage-dependent manner. The positive voltage dependence of channel conductance and the high permeability of the conducting channel to calcium ions (as well as to monovalent cations) are important in excitotoxicity and neuronal plasticity.
- Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate
- Receptors, N Methyl D Aspartate
- N-Methylaspartate Receptors
- N Methylaspartate Receptors
- Receptors, NMDA
- NMDA Receptors
- Receptors, N-Methylaspartate
- Receptors, N Methylaspartate
- N-Methyl-D-Aspartate Receptors
- N Methyl D Aspartate Receptors
- NMDA Receptor-Ionophore Complex
- NMDA Receptor Ionophore Complex
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Carrier Proteins [D12.776.157]
- Membrane Transport Proteins [D12.776.157.530]
- Ion Channels [D12.776.157.530.400]
- Ligand-Gated Ion Channels [D12.776.157.530.400.400]
- Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate [D12.776.157.530.400.400.500]
- Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate [D12.776.157.530.400.400.500.500]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Membrane Glycoproteins [D12.776.543.550]
- Ion Channels [D12.776.543.550.425]
- Ligand-Gated Ion Channels [D12.776.543.550.425.500]
- Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate [D12.776.543.550.425.500.200]
- Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate [D12.776.543.550.425.500.200.500]
- Membrane Transport Proteins [D12.776.543.585]
- Ion Channels [D12.776.543.585.400]
- Ligand-Gated Ion Channels [D12.776.543.585.400.500]
- Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate [D12.776.543.585.400.500.200]
- Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate [D12.776.543.585.400.500.200.500]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, Neurotransmitter [D12.776.543.750.720]
- Receptors, Amino Acid [D12.776.543.750.720.200]
- Receptors, Glutamate [D12.776.543.750.720.200.450]
- Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate [D12.776.543.750.720.200.450.400]
- Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate [D12.776.543.750.720.200.450.400.500]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.