Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate
"Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A class of ligand-gated ion channel receptors that have specificity for GLUTAMATE. They are distinct from METABOTROPIC GLUTAMATE RECEPTORS which act through a G-protein-coupled mechanism.
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Carrier Proteins [D12.776.157]
- Membrane Transport Proteins [D12.776.157.530]
- Ion Channels [D12.776.157.530.400]
- Ligand-Gated Ion Channels [D12.776.157.530.400.400]
- Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate [D12.776.157.530.400.400.500]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Membrane Glycoproteins [D12.776.543.550]
- Ion Channels [D12.776.543.550.425]
- Ligand-Gated Ion Channels [D12.776.543.550.425.500]
- Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate [D12.776.543.550.425.500.200]
- Membrane Transport Proteins [D12.776.543.585]
- Ion Channels [D12.776.543.585.400]
- Ligand-Gated Ion Channels [D12.776.543.585.400.500]
- Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate [D12.776.543.585.400.500.200]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, Neurotransmitter [D12.776.543.750.720]
- Receptors, Amino Acid [D12.776.543.750.720.200]
- Receptors, Glutamate [D12.776.543.750.720.200.450]
- Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate [D12.776.543.750.720.200.450.400]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
Below are the most recent publications written about "Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate" by people in Profiles.
Mosquito heat seeking is driven by an ancestral cooling receptor. Science. 2020 02 07; 367(6478):681-684.
Ionotropic Receptors Specify the Morphogenesis of Phasic Sensors Controlling Rapid Thermal Preference in Drosophila. Neuron. 2019 02 20; 101(4):738-747.e3.
Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Ligand Development for Ionotropic Glutamate Receptors: Challenges and Opportunities for Radiotracer Targeting N-Methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA), a-Amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic Acid (AMPA), and Kainate Receptors. J Med Chem. 2019 01 24; 62(2):403-419.
Ionotropic GABA and Glutamate Receptor Mutations and Human Neurologic Diseases. Mol Pharmacol. 2015 Jul; 88(1):203-17.
The role of dorsomedial hypotalamus ionotropic glutamate receptors in the hypertensive and tachycardic responses evoked by Tityustoxin intracerebroventricular injection. Neurotoxicology. 2015 Mar; 47:54-61.
Gene profiling identifies commonalities in neuronal pathways in excitotoxicity: evidence favouring cell cycle re-activation in concert with oxidative stress. Neurochem Int. 2013 Apr; 62(5):719-30.
LTP requires a reserve pool of glutamate receptors independent of subunit type. Nature. 2013 Jan 24; 493(7433):495-500.
Ionotropic glutamate receptor mRNA editing in the prefrontal cortex: no alterations in schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. J Psychiatry Neurosci. 2012 Jul; 37(4):267-72.
Intrinsic motions in the N-terminal domain of an ionotropic glutamate receptor detected by fluorescence correlation spectroscopy. J Mol Biol. 2011 Nov 18; 414(1):96-105.
In vitro models of traumatic brain injury. Annu Rev Biomed Eng. 2011 Aug 15; 13:91-126.