"Receptors, Glucocorticoid" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Cytoplasmic proteins that specifically bind glucocorticoids and mediate their cellular effects. The glucocorticoid receptor-glucocorticoid complex acts in the nucleus to induce transcription of DNA. Glucocorticoids were named for their actions on blood glucose concentration, but they have equally important effects on protein and fat metabolism. Cortisol is the most important example.
- Receptors, Glucocorticoid
- Glucocorticoid Receptors
- Glucocorticoid Receptor
- Receptor, Glucocorticoid
- Receptors, Glucocorticoids
- Glucocorticoids Receptors
Receptors, Corticoid Type II
- Receptors, Corticoid Type II
- Corticoid Type II Receptors
- Corticoid II Receptor
- Receptor, Corticoid II
- Receptors, Corticoid II
- Corticoid II Receptors
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, Glucocorticoid".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- DNA-Binding Proteins [D12.776.260]
- Receptors, Cytoplasmic and Nuclear [D12.776.260.698]
- Receptors, Steroid [D12.776.260.698.750]
- Receptors, Glucocorticoid [D12.776.260.698.750.430]
- Receptors, Cytoplasmic and Nuclear [D12.776.826]
- Receptors, Steroid [D12.776.826.750]
- Receptors, Glucocorticoid [D12.776.826.750.430]
- Transcription Factors [D12.776.930]
- Receptors, Cytoplasmic and Nuclear [D12.776.930.669]
- Receptors, Steroid [D12.776.930.669.750]
- Receptors, Glucocorticoid [D12.776.930.669.750.430]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, Glucocorticoid".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, Glucocorticoid" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Receptors, Glucocorticoid" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.