Receptor, Melanocortin, Type 4
"Receptor, Melanocortin, Type 4" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A melanocortin receptor subtype found primarily in BRAIN. It shows specificity for ALPHA-MSH; BETA-MSH and ADRENOCORTICOTROPIC HORMONE.
Receptor, Melanocortin, Type 4
- Receptor, Melanocortin, Type 4
- Melanocortin Receptor 4
- Receptor 4, Melanocortin
- Receptor, Melanocortin-4
- Melanocortin 4 Receptor
- Receptor, Melanocortin 4
- Melanocortin-4 Receptor
- MC4 Receptor
- Receptor, MC4
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptor, Melanocortin, Type 4".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, G-Protein-Coupled [D12.776.543.750.100]
- Receptors, Melanocortin [D12.776.543.750.100.430]
- Receptor, Melanocortin, Type 4 [D12.776.543.750.100.430.937]
- Receptors, Neurotransmitter [D12.776.543.750.720]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.720.600]
- Receptors, Corticotropin [D12.776.543.750.720.600.285]
- Receptors, Melanocortin [D12.776.543.750.720.600.285.500]
- Receptor, Melanocortin, Type 4 [D12.776.543.750.720.600.285.500.937]
- Receptors, Peptide [D12.776.543.750.750]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.750.555]
- Receptors, Corticotropin [D12.776.543.750.750.555.285]
- Receptors, Melanocortin [D12.776.543.750.750.555.285.500]
- Receptor, Melanocortin, Type 4 [D12.776.543.750.750.555.285.500.937]
- Receptors, Pituitary Hormone [D12.776.543.750.750.660]
- Receptors, Corticotropin [D12.776.543.750.750.660.285]
- Receptors, Melanocortin [D12.776.543.750.750.660.285.500]
- Receptor, Melanocortin, Type 4 [D12.776.543.750.750.660.285.500.937]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptor, Melanocortin, Type 4".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptor, Melanocortin, Type 4" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Receptor, Melanocortin, Type 4" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
Below are the most recent publications written about "Receptor, Melanocortin, Type 4" by people in Profiles.
An Association between Diet and MC4R Genetic Polymorphism, in Relation to Obesity and Metabolic Parameters-A Cross Sectional Population-Based Study. Int J Mol Sci. 2021 Nov 07; 22(21).
Cardiac Phenotype and Tissue Sodium Content in Adolescents With Defects in the Melanocortin System. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2021 08 18; 106(9):2606-2616.
Lipocalin 2 mediates appetite suppression during pancreatic cancer cachexia. Nat Commun. 2021 04 06; 12(1):2057.
Reduced MC4R signaling alters nociceptive thresholds associated with red hair. Sci Adv. 2021 04; 7(14).
Association of MC4R (rs17782313) gene polymorphism with obesity measures in Western India. Diabetes Metab Syndr. 2021 May-Jun; 15(3):661-665.
The First Genome-Wide Association Study for Type 2 Diabetes in Youth: The Progress in Diabetes Genetics in Youth (ProDiGY) Consortium. Diabetes. 2021 04; 70(4):996-1005.
Hypothalamic Pomc Neurons Innervate the Spinal Cord and Modulate the Excitability of Premotor Circuits. Curr Biol. 2020 12 07; 30(23):4579-4593.e7.
The tale of two genes: from next-generation sequencing to phenotype. Cold Spring Harb Mol Case Stud. 2020 04; 6(2).
Methylphenidate in children with monogenic obesity due to LEPR or MC4R deficiency improves feeling of satiety and reduces BMI-SDS-A case series. Pediatr Obes. 2020 01; 15(1):e12577.
Lifestyle intervention modifies the effect of the MC4R genotype on changes in insulin resistance among women with prior gestational diabetes: Tianjin Gestational Diabetes Mellitus Prevention Program. Am J Clin Nutr. 2019 09 01; 110(3):750-758.