Receptor, Epidermal Growth Factor
"Receptor, Epidermal Growth Factor" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A cell surface receptor involved in regulation of cell growth and differentiation. It is specific for EPIDERMAL GROWTH FACTOR and EGF related peptides including TRANSFORMING GROWTH FACTOR ALPHA, amphiregulin, and heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor. The binding of ligand to the receptor causes activation of its intrinsic tyrosine kinase activity and rapid internalization of the receptor-ligand complex into the cell.
|Receptor, Epidermal Growth Factor
- Receptor, Epidermal Growth Factor
- EGF Receptor
- Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor
- Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Kinase
- Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Protein-Tyrosine Kinase
- Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Protein Tyrosine Kinase
- erbB-1 Proto-Oncogene Protein
- Proto-Oncogene Protein, erbB-1
- erbB 1 Proto Oncogene Protein
- Receptor, EGF
- Receptor, TGF-alpha
- Receptor, TGF alpha
- Receptor, Transforming-Growth Factor alpha
- Receptor, Transforming Growth Factor alpha
- Receptor, Urogastrone
- Receptors, Epidermal Growth Factor
- Receptors, Epidermal Growth Factor-Urogastrone
- Receptors, Epidermal Growth Factor Urogastrone
- TGF-alpha Receptor
- Transforming Growth Factor alpha Receptor
- Urogastrone Receptor
- c-erbB-1 Protein
- c erbB 1 Protein
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptor, Epidermal Growth Factor".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Enzymes and Coenzymes [D08]
- Enzymes [D08.811]
- Transferases [D08.811.913]
- Phosphotransferases [D08.811.913.696]
- Phosphotransferases (Alcohol Group Acceptor) [D08.811.913.696.620]
- Protein Kinases [D08.811.913.696.620.682]
- Protein-Tyrosine Kinases [D08.811.913.696.620.682.725]
- Receptor Protein-Tyrosine Kinases [D08.811.913.696.620.682.725.400]
- Receptor, Epidermal Growth Factor [D08.811.913.696.620.682.725.400.100]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptor Protein-Tyrosine Kinases [D12.776.543.750.060]
- Receptor, Epidermal Growth Factor [D12.776.543.750.060.249]
- Receptors, Peptide [D12.776.543.750.750]
- Receptors, Gastrointestinal Hormone [D12.776.543.750.750.360]
- Receptor, Epidermal Growth Factor [D12.776.543.750.750.360.300]
- Receptors, Growth Factor [D12.776.543.750.750.400]
- Receptor, Epidermal Growth Factor [D12.776.543.750.750.400.340]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptor, Epidermal Growth Factor".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptor, Epidermal Growth Factor" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Receptor, Epidermal Growth Factor" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
People who have written about this concept.
Top journals in which articles about this concept have been published.