Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic
"Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Thrombocytopenia occurring in the absence of toxic exposure or a disease associated with decreased platelets. It is mediated by immune mechanisms, in most cases IMMUNOGLOBULIN G autoantibodies which attach to platelets and subsequently undergo destruction by macrophages. The disease is seen in acute (affecting children) and chronic (adult) forms.
Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic
- Werlhof's Disease
- Disease, Werlhof's
- Werlhofs Disease
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Autoimmune
- Werlhof Disease
- Disease, Werlhof
- Autoimmune Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Autoimmune Thrombocytopenic Purpuras
- Purpura, Autoimmune Thrombocytopenic
- Purpuras, Autoimmune Thrombocytopenic
- Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Autoimmune
- Thrombocytopenic Purpuras, Autoimmune
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpuras
- Purpura, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic
- Purpuras, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic
- Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Idiopathic
- Thrombocytopenic Purpuras, Idiopathic
- Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia
- Autoimmune Thrombocytopenias
- Thrombocytopenia, Autoimmune
- Thrombocytopenias, Autoimmune
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic".
- Diseases [C]
- Hemic and Lymphatic Diseases [C15]
- Hematologic Diseases [C15.378]
- Blood Coagulation Disorders [C15.378.100]
- Purpura [C15.378.100.802]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic [C15.378.100.802.687]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C15.378.100.802.687.600]
- Blood Platelet Disorders [C15.378.140]
- Thrombocytopenia [C15.378.140.855]
- Thrombotic Microangiopathies [C15.378.140.855.925]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic [C15.378.140.855.925.750]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C15.378.140.855.925.750.600]
- Hemorrhagic Disorders [C15.378.463]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C15.378.463.740]
- Immune System Diseases [C20]
- Autoimmune Diseases [C20.111]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C20.111.759]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic [C20.841]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C20.841.600]
- Pathological Conditions, Signs and Symptoms [C23]
- Pathologic Processes [C23.550]
- Hemorrhage [C23.550.414]
- Purpura [C23.550.414.950]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic [C23.550.414.950.687]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C23.550.414.950.687.600]
- Signs and Symptoms [C23.888]
- Skin Manifestations [C23.888.885]
- Purpura [C23.888.885.687]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic [C23.888.885.687.687]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C23.888.885.687.687.600]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
Below are the most recent publications written about "Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic" by people in Profiles.
Safety and efficacy of classical complement pathway inhibition with sutimlimab in chronic immune thrombocytopenia. Blood Adv. 2023 03 28; 7(6):987-996.
Pediatric refractory immune thrombocytopenia: A systematic review. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2023 03; 70(3):e30173.
Long-term risk of developing immune thrombocytopenia and hematologic neoplasia in adults with mild thrombocytopenia. Blood. 2022 12 29; 140(26):2849-2852.
Off-the-shelf cryopreserved platelets for the detection of HIT and VITT antibodies. Blood. 2022 12 22; 140(25):2722-2729.
Utilization of an ITP quality improvement pathway improves adherence to management guidelines. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2023 03; 70(3):e30074.
Thrombopoietin receptor agonists for chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia: a new solution for an old problem. Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program. 2022 12 09; 2022(1):286-295.
Changing Paradigms in ITP Management: Newer Tools for an Old Disease. Transfus Med Rev. 2022 10; 36(4):188-194.
Romiplostim for PARP inhibitor-induced thrombocytopenia in solid tumor malignancies. Platelets. 2022 11 17; 33(8):1312-1313.
An update on pediatric ITP: differentiating primary ITP, IPD, and PID. Blood. 2022 08 11; 140(6):542-555.
An updated evaluation of avatrombopag for the treatment of chronic immune thrombocytopenia. Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2022 08; 18(8):783-791.