Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
"Polycystic Ovary Syndrome" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A complex disorder characterized by infertility, HIRSUTISM; OBESITY; and various menstrual disturbances such as OLIGOMENORRHEA; AMENORRHEA; ANOVULATION. Polycystic ovary syndrome is usually associated with bilateral enlarged ovaries studded with atretic follicles, not with cysts. The term, polycystic ovary, is misleading.
|Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Ovary Syndrome, Polycystic
- Syndrome, Polycystic Ovary
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Ovarian Syndrome, Polycystic
- Ovarian Syndromes, Polycystic
- Stein-Leventhal Syndrome
- Stein Leventhal Syndrome
- Syndrome, Stein-Leventhal
- Sclerocystic Ovarian Degeneration
- Ovarian Degeneration, Sclerocystic
- Sclerocystic Ovary Syndrome
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Polycystic Ovary Syndrome".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Polycystic Ovary Syndrome".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Polycystic Ovary Syndrome" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Polycystic Ovary Syndrome" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.