"Mucin-1" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Carbohydrate antigen elevated in patients with tumors of the breast, ovary, lung, and prostate as well as other disorders. The mucin is expressed normally by most glandular epithelia but shows particularly increased expression in the breast at lactation and in malignancy. It is thus an established serum marker for breast cancer.
- Mucin 1
- Antigens, CD227
- CD227 Antigens
- CA 15-3 Antigen
- Antigen, CA 15-3
- CA 15 3 Antigen
- CA 15.3 Antigen
- Antigen, CA 15.3
- Polymorphic Epithelial Mucin
- CD227 Antigen
- Antigen, CD227
- Epithelial Membrane Antigen
- Antigen, Epithelial Membrane
- Membrane Antigen, Epithelial
- Epithelial Mucin, Polymorphic
- Mucin, Polymorphic Epithelial
- Muc1 Mucin
- Mucin, Muc1
- Antigen CA-15-3
- Antigen CA 15 3
- CA-15-3, Antigen
- CA-15-3 Antigen
- Antigen, CA-15-3
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Mucin-1".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Glycoproteins [D12.776.395]
- Membrane Glycoproteins [D12.776.395.550]
- Mucin-1 [D12.776.395.550.560]
- Mucoproteins [D12.776.395.560]
- Mucins [D12.776.395.560.631]
- Mucin-1 [D12.776.395.560.631.115]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Membrane Glycoproteins [D12.776.543.550]
- Mucin-1 [D12.776.543.550.530]
- Biological Factors [D23]
- Antigens [D23.050]
- Antigens, Neoplasm [D23.050.285]
- Antigens, Tumor-Associated, Carbohydrate [D23.050.285.050]
- Mucin-1 [D23.050.285.050.300]
- Antigens, Surface [D23.050.301]
- Antigens, Differentiation [D23.050.301.264]
- Antigens, CD [D23.050.301.264.035]
- Mucin-1 [D23.050.301.264.035.535]
- Epitopes [D23.050.550]
- Antigens, Tumor-Associated, Carbohydrate [D23.050.550.325]
- Mucin-1 [D23.050.550.325.300]
- Biological Markers [D23.101]
- Antigens, Differentiation [D23.101.100]
- Antigens, CD [D126.96.36.199]
- Mucin-1 [D188.8.131.52.535]
- Tumor Markers, Biological [D23.101.840]
- Antigens, Tumor-Associated, Carbohydrate [D23.101.840.075]
- Mucin-1 [D23.101.840.075.300]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Mucin-1".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Mucin-1" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Mucin-1" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
People who have written about this concept.
Top journals in which articles about this concept have been published.