"Methacholine Chloride" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A quaternary ammonium parasympathomimetic agent with the muscarinic actions of ACETYLCHOLINE. It is hydrolyzed by ACETYLCHOLINESTERASE at a considerably slower rate than ACETYLCHOLINE and is more resistant to hydrolysis by nonspecific CHOLINESTERASES so that its actions are more prolonged. It is used as a parasympathomimetic bronchoconstrictor agent and as a diagnostic aid for bronchial asthma. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p1116)
- Methacholine Chloride
- Chloride, Methacholine
- Acetyl-2-methylcholine Chloride
- Acetyl 2 methylcholine Chloride
- 2-(Acetyloxy)-N,N,N-trimethyl-1-propanaminium Chloride
- Acetyl-beta-methacholine Chloride
- Acetyl beta methacholine Chloride
- Roche Brand of Methacholine Chloride
- Methapharma Brand of Methacholine Chloride
- Lindopharm Brand of Methacholine Chloride
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Methacholine Chloride".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Methacholine Chloride".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Methacholine Chloride" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Methacholine Chloride" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.