"Macular Degeneration" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Degenerative changes in the RETINA usually of older adults which results in a loss of vision in the center of the visual field (the MACULA LUTEA) because of damage to the retina. It occurs in dry and wet forms.
- Macular Degeneration
- Degeneration, Macular
- Degenerations, Macular
- Macular Degenerations
- Age-Related Maculopathies
- Age Related Maculopathies
- Maculopathy, Age-Related
- Maculopathy, Age Related
- Macular Dystrophy
- Dystrophies, Macular
- Dystrophy, Macular
- Macular Dystrophies
- Maculopathies, Age-Related
- Maculopathies, Age Related
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Age Related Macular Degeneration
- Age-Related Macular Degenerations
- Degeneration, Age-Related Macular
- Degenerations, Age-Related Macular
- Macular Degeneration, Age-Related
- Macular Degenerations, Age-Related
- Age-Related Maculopathy
- Age Related Maculopathy
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Macular Degeneration".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Macular Degeneration".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Macular Degeneration" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Macular Degeneration" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.