"Geranylgeranyl-Diphosphate Geranylgeranyltransferase" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An enzyme that catalyzes the condensation of two molecules of geranylgeranyl diphosphate to give prephytoene diphosphate. The prephytoene diphosphate molecule is a precursor for CAROTENOIDS and other tetraterpenes.
- Geranylgeranyl-Diphosphate Geranylgeranyltransferase
- Geranylgeranyl Diphosphate Geranylgeranyltransferase
- Geranylgeranyltransferase, Geranylgeranyl-Diphosphate
- Prephytoene-Diphosphate Synthase
- Prephytoene Diphosphate Synthase
- Synthase, Prephytoene-Diphosphate
- Phytoene Synthetase
- Synthetase, Phytoene
- Geranylgeranyl Pyrophosphate Synthase
- Pyrophosphate Synthase, Geranylgeranyl
- Synthase, Geranylgeranyl Pyrophosphate
- Geranylgeranyl-Pyrophosphate Synthase
- Synthase, Geranylgeranyl-Pyrophosphate
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Geranylgeranyl-Diphosphate Geranylgeranyltransferase".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Geranylgeranyl-Diphosphate Geranylgeranyltransferase".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Geranylgeranyl-Diphosphate Geranylgeranyltransferase" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Geranylgeranyl-Diphosphate Geranylgeranyltransferase" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
Below are the most recent publications written about "Geranylgeranyl-Diphosphate Geranylgeranyltransferase" by people in Profiles.
The maize phytoene synthase gene family: overlapping roles for carotenogenesis in endosperm, photomorphogenesis, and thermal stress tolerance. Plant Physiol. 2008 Jul; 147(3):1334-46.
Evolution of the C30 carotenoid synthase CrtM for function in a C40 pathway. J Bacteriol. 2002 Dec; 184(23):6690-9.
Alterations in skeletal muscle gene expression of ob/ob mice by mRNA differential display. Diabetes. 1998 Sep; 47(9):1451-8.