"Gemfibrozil" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A lipid-regulating agent that lowers elevated serum lipids primarily by decreasing serum triglycerides with a variable reduction in total cholesterol. These decreases occur primarily in the VLDL fraction and less frequently in the LDL fraction. Gemfibrozil increases HDL subfractions HDL2 and HDL3 as well as apolipoproteins A-I and A-II. Its mechanism of action has not been definitely established.
- Farmasierra Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Menarini Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Ferrer Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Hexal Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Gen Gemfibrozil
- Genpharm Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Alphapharm Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Douglas Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Ipsen Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Lopid R
- Warner-Lambert Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Warner Lambert Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Pfizer Brand of Gemfibrozil
- United Drug Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Parke Davis Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Nu Gemfibrozil
- Nu-Pharm Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Nu Pharm Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Quimifar Brand of Gemfibrozil
- PMS Gemfibrozil
- Pharmascience Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Apo Gemfibrozil
- Apotex Brand of Gemfibrozil
- Sigma Brand of Gemfibrozil
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Gemfibrozil".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Gemfibrozil".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Gemfibrozil" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Gemfibrozil" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.