Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn
"Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Brain disorders resulting from inborn metabolic errors, primarily from enzymatic defects which lead to substrate accumulation, product reduction, or increase in toxic metabolites through alternate pathways. The majority of these conditions are familial, however spontaneous mutation may also occur in utero.
Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn
- Encephalopathies, Metabolic, Inborn
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism, Brain
- Metabolic Diseases, Inborn, Brain
- Inborn Metabolic Brain Disorders
- Inborn Metabolic Disorders, Brain
- Metabolic Brain Diseases, Inborn
- Metabolic Brain Syndrome, Inborn
- Brain Syndrome, Metabolic, Inborn
- Inborn Metabolic Brain Diseases
Central Nervous System Inborn Metabolic Diseases
- Central Nervous System Inborn Metabolic Diseases
- Metabolic Disorders, CNS, Inborn
- Metabolic Diseases, Inborn, Central Nervous System
- Central Nervous System Inborn Metabolic Disorders
- CNS Metabolic Disorders, Inborn
Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inherited
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inherited
- Familial Metabolic Brain Diseases
- Familial Metabolic Disorders, Brain
- Metabolic Disorders, Familial, Brain
- Inherited Metabolic Disorders, Brain
- Metabolic Brain Diseases, Familial
- Metabolic Brain Diseases, Inherited
- Metabolic Disorders, Brain, Inherited
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Familial
- Inherited Metabolic Brain Diseases
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn".
- Diseases [C]
- Nervous System Diseases [C10]
- Central Nervous System Diseases [C10.228]
- Brain Diseases [C10.228.140]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic [C10.228.140.163]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn [C10.228.140.163.100]
- Congenital, Hereditary, and Neonatal Diseases and Abnormalities [C16]
- Genetic Diseases, Inborn [C16.320]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn [C16.320.565.189]
- Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases [C18]
- Metabolic Diseases [C18.452]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic [C18.452.132]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn [C18.452.132.100]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn [C18.452.648.189]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
Below are the most recent publications written about "Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn" by people in Profiles.
Creatine Transporter Deficiency Presenting as Failure to Thrive: A Case Report of a Novel SLC6A8 Variant Causing a Treatable but Likely Underdiagnosed Genetic Disorder. J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep. 2023 Jan-Dec; 11:23247096231154438.
Person Ability Scores as an Alternative to Norm-Referenced Scores as Outcome Measures in Studies of Neurodevelopmental Disorders. Am J Intellect Dev Disabil. 2020 11 01; 125(6):475-480.
Inborn Errors of RNA Lariat Metabolism in Humans with Brainstem Viral Infection. Cell. 2018 02 22; 172(5):952-965.e18.
Ethylmalonic Aciduria in an Infant with Neurological and Skin Presentation. Clin Chem. 2017 11; 63(11):1771-1773.
Laboratory diagnosis of creatine deficiency syndromes: a technical standard and guideline of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics. Genet Med. 2017 02; 19(2):256-263.
Congenital disorders of autophagy: an emerging novel class of inborn errors of neuro-metabolism. Brain. 2016 Feb; 139(Pt 2):317-37.
Mutations in XPR1 cause primary familial brain calcification associated with altered phosphate export. Nat Genet. 2015 Jun; 47(6):579-81.
Monoallelic and biallelic mutations in MAB21L2 cause a spectrum of major eye malformations. Am J Hum Genet. 2014 Jun 05; 94(6):915-23.
Genotype-phenotype correlation of contiguous gene deletions of SLC6A8, BCAP31 and ABCD1. Clin Genet. 2015 Feb; 87(2):141-7.
Genomics in newborn screening. J Pediatr. 2014 Jan; 164(1):14-9.