"Interleukin-6" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A cytokine that stimulates the growth and differentiation of B-LYMPHOCYTES and is also a growth factor for HYBRIDOMAS and plasmacytomas. It is produced by many different cells including T-LYMPHOCYTES; MONOCYTES; and FIBROBLASTS.
- Interleukin 6
- Plasmacytoma Growth Factor
- Growth Factor, Plasmacytoma
- B-Cell Differentiation Factor-2
- B Cell Differentiation Factor 2
- B-Cell Stimulatory Factor 2
- B-Cell Stimulatory Factor-2
- Differentiation Factor, B-Cell
- Differentiation Factor, B Cell
- Differentiation Factor-2, B-Cell
- Differentiation Factor 2, B Cell
- Hepatocyte-Stimulating Factor
- Hepatocyte Stimulating Factor
- Hybridoma Growth Factor
- Growth Factor, Hybridoma
- IFN-beta 2
- Myeloid Differentiation-Inducing Protein
- Differentiation-Inducing Protein, Myeloid
- Myeloid Differentiation Inducing Protein
- B Cell Stimulatory Factor-2
- B Cell Stimulatory Factor 2
- B-Cell Differentiation Factor
- B Cell Differentiation Factor
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Interleukin-6".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Interleukin-6".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Interleukin-6" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Interleukin-6" was a major or minor topic of these publication.