"Calcitriol" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
The physiologically active form of vitamin D. It is formed primarily in the kidney by enzymatic hydroxylation of 25-hydroxycholecalciferol (CALCIFEDIOL). Its production is stimulated by low blood calcium levels and parathyroid hormone. Calcitriol increases intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphorus, and in concert with parathyroid hormone increases bone resorption.
- 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3
- 1,25 Dihydroxyvitamin D3
- D3, 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin
- 1,25 Dihydroxycholecalciferol
- 1 alpha,25-Dihydroxycholecalciferol
- 1 alpha,25 Dihydroxycholecalciferol
- 1 alpha,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3
- 1 alpha,25 Dihydroxyvitamin D3
- D3, 1 alpha,25-Dihydroxyvitamin
- alpha,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3, 1
- Leo Brand of Calcitriol
- Calcitriol Leo Brand
- Abbott Brand of Calcitriol
- Calcitriol Abbott Brand
- Calcitriol KyraMed
- KyraMed, Calcitriol
- KyraMed Brand of Calcitriol
- Calcitriol KyraMed Brand
- Calcitriol Nefro
- Medice Brand of Calcitriol
- Calcitriol Medice Brand
- Jenapharm Brand of Calcitriol
- Calcitriol Jenapharm Brand
- Gry Brand of Calcitriol
- Calcitriol Gry Brand
- RenaCare Brand of Calcitriol
- Calcitriol RenaCare Brand
- Hoffmann-La Roche Brand of Calcitriol
- Hoffmann La Roche Brand of Calcitriol
- Roche Brand of Calcitriol
- Calcitriol Roche Brand
- Galderma Brand of Calcitriol
- Calcitriol Galderma Brand
- Alphapharm Brand of Calcitriol
- Calcitriol Alphapharm Brand
- Cryopharma Brand of Calcitriol
- Calcitriol Cryopharma Brand
- 20 epi 1alpha,25 dihydroxycholecaliferol
- 1,25-dihydroxy-20-epi-Vitamin D3
- 1,25 dihydroxy 20 epi Vitamin D3
- D3, 1,25-dihydroxy-20-epi-Vitamin
- 1 alpha, 25-dihydroxy-20-epi-Vitamin D3
- 1 alpha, 25 dihydroxy 20 epi Vitamin D3
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Calcitriol".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Calcitriol".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Calcitriol" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, and whether "Calcitriol" was a major or minor topic of these publication.
People who have written about this concept.
Top journals in which articles about this concept have been published.